- Word 2013 has stopped working
- Powerpoint 2013 has stopped working
- Excel 2013 has stopped working
- Outlook 2013 has stopped working
- Office 2013 has stopped working (insert any other Office tool here).
- Most of these solutions are also valid for Office 2007 and Office 2010 applications.
Solution 1: change the default printer
Solution 2: start in safe mode, disable add-ins
- Excel.exe /safe
- Winword.exe /safe
- Outlook.exe /safe
- Powerpoint.exe /safe
At the bottom of this window, there is a "Manage: [_____]" option list. Select "COM Add-ins", and click the button "Go..." that's just on the right. You'll be seeing a list of add-ins:
Solution 3: start the application as Administrator
In Windows 8, open the Home screen, find the application you're trying to open; right-click it and select "Open as administrator" at the bottom.
Solution 4: repair Office 2013
First, open the Control Panel, then select "Programs and Features". Find "Microsoft Office 2013" in the list, and click the "Change" button at the top:
You will be presented with an option to automatically "Repair" the Office 2013 program files, which might actually help towards fixing your problem.
Solution 5: fully uninstall and reinstall Office 2013
Click it to begin downloading the uninstall tool. Once the uninstall is complete, restart your computer, then proceed to reinstalling Office 2013.