Error 413: what does it mean?
The fix is as simple as setting a directive in your Nginx configuration, read on below.
How to fix it? client_max_body_size
- In the http block: this will set the directive value for all server and locations in your configurationn
- In the server block: this will set the directive value for all locations of one particular server
- In the location block: this will set the directive value for one specific location in a particular server
Anything else I need to do?
- upload_max_filesize: Maximum allowed size for uploaded files (default: 2 megabytes). You need to increase this value if you expect files over 2 megabytes in size.
- post_max_size: Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept (default: 8 megabytes). Files are sent via POST data, so you need to increase this value if you are expecting files over 8 megabytes.